Now celebrating its 81st season, The Little Theatre of the Rockies is the oldest professional summer stock theatre West of the Mississippi River and the oldest professional theatre company in the State of Colorado.
The Little Theatre of the Rockies produces 10 weeks of performances from June to early August.
The central mission of the Little Theatre of the Rockies is to provide the Front Range community with high quality professional summer stock theatre each season and to provide our current students, faculty, staff and alumni the opportunity to work alongside professional Equity and non-Equity actors and to inner-face with working professional guest designers, musical directors, musicians, dramaturges, stage managers, directors and choreographers.
The Goals and Objectives of the Little Theatre of the Rockies are as follows:
- To entertain and educate the Front Range and University of Northern Colorado theatre audiences with a production season that draws from the best of family/classic/modern musicals and musical revues, contemporary and classic comedies, State, regional and local premieres and, when appropriate, provide a showcase for new work
- To provide current students, faculty, staff and alumni the educational opportunity to learn each summer from working professionals
- To produce plays and musicals that are better-suited for audiences in a summer stock atmosphere
- To provide current students, faculty, staff and alumni with professional employment and networking opportunities
- To provide current students, faculty, staff and alumni the opportunity to be paid for their artistic work without being forced to leave the region each summer to find employment
- To provide guest artists with the opportunity and resources to conduct workshops and master classes each summer for our faculty, staff, students and alumni